- Assessment based on coursework and written exams.
- Offers a broader range of subjects than SPM.
- Provides flexibility in curriculum.
- Widely accepted for higher education and employment opportunities abroad
- National examination in Malaysia
- Curriculum is set by the Ministry of Education
- Less challenging than IGCSE
- Assessment is based solely on written exams.
- Primarily recognized within Malaysia
- Determines future academic and career opportunities for Malaysian students.
By understanding the differences between IGCSE and SPM, students and parents can make an informed decision about which qualification is best suited for their goals and aspirations. It can also help students to choose the right subjects that align with their interests and future career paths, providing a solid foundation for their academic and professional development.